America is Now an Oligarchy

Don’t take my word for it, just ask Thomas Jefferson

jeffport

Let Us Be Clear:

1. An oligarchy (Greek (oligocracy) is a form of government in which power effectively rests with a small elite segment of  society.

2.  Lawyers currently make up approximately only one third of one percent of the population of The United States.

3.  Lawyers currently control over 85% of all local, state and the federal government including the legislative, judiciary and executive branches. The remaining  15% all use lawyers as policy advisors and authors of any new laws.

Whether you agree or disagree, like it or not, the numbers are real and the facts are the facts.  Anyway you do the math,  America is now an Oligarchy.

I challenge anyone to disprove this.

 

Don’t worry, you don’t have to spend much time.   Just start Googleing any politician.  Local, State, or Federal.  Within minutes you’ll give up.  And within minutes you’ll be asking the obvious questions; Why have we allowed this small segment of inexperienced people to run our government and our lives?  Why have we allowed one of the most greedy, arrogant and disrespected professions in America to run America?   The Founding Fathers intended the common citizen to serve in government, not one specific class of professionals.  In fact especially not lawyers, or as they were known then as ‘barristers’.   Indeed, The Original 13th Amendment specifically banned ‘barristers’ from elected office.   So what happened?

The origin of the silent takeover of America begins in 1803 with a Supreme Court case Marbury v.  Madison.  It was a landmark case and  formed the basis for the exercise of judicial review in the United States ( Judicial review is the doctrine under which legislative and executive actions are subject to review, and possible invalidation by the court).  ( It is important to note that nothing in the text of the Constitution explicitly authorized the power of judicial review.)   In short, the decision, authored by Chief Justice John Marshall,  gave the judiciary total control over interpreting laws and total autonomy over dictating to America whether a law was ‘legal’ !   It didn’t matter whether the people or the people’s Congress voted for the law.

It gave 9 lawyers the Supreme Power to judge the will of the people.  It gave 9 lawyers Supreme Power over the governess of the nation.  It gave 9 lawyers the final power to dictate the rights of Americans.  Those same rights which, only  a few years earlier, were so eloquently stated in the Declaration of Independence, and not being endowed by 9 lawyers, but  “ …that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights…”

So the foundation was set back in 1803. The Supreme Court well could be ‘the exception that proves the rule.  Indeed the constitution was a masterpiece. It bordered on being a divine document that only could be created by the genius and foresight of a god.   But it was created by men and man is not perfect.

And more important, power is a narcotic few men can refuse.  So when 6 lawyers, headed by Chief Justice John Marshall, were given ‘the opportunity to reserve supreme power amongst themselves in the new government’, human nature prevailed.  Although its proposed function as a check on the other 2 branches was theoretically sound, The Supreme Court was a mistake.  This was recognized by none other than Thomas Jefferson when he commented on the Marbury v. Madison decision.

Jefferson disagreed with Marshall's reasoning in this case, saying that if this view of judicial power became accepted, it would be "placing us under the despotism of an oligarchy."

=  Fast Forward   =

1963;  Supreme Court decides prayer in school not legal.

1973:  Supreme Court decides  babies in womb can be killed.

1990: Supreme Court decides it is legal to burn the American Flag.

2003;  Supreme Court decides homosexual sodomy is legal.

etc.

My parents believed that only God was Supreme.

I love my parents but man were they stupid.

Didn’t they realize God never went to law school?

Download PDF
 
 
 

About the author

More posts by

 

 

 

Add a comment

required

required

optional