Character (char-ac-ter):-noun- moral or ethical quality: qualities of honesty, courage, or the like
Experience (ex-pe-ri-ence): -noun- knowledge or practical wisdom gained from what one has observed, encountered, or undergone
Common Sense (com-mon sense): -adjective- sound practical judgment that is independent of specialized knowledge, training, or the like
Here are the facts;
1. Most lawyers do not experience making a living the same way the majority of Americans do. They earn their money by billing for their time. The efficiency and productivity of that time cannot be qualified by the customer. Payment is due based on the lawyers time, not on competency or success.
(Contingency cases are the exception and then be assured that the overwhelming cases are
lucrative for the lawyer.)
2. The average American has to produce and be successful at his job or he losses it. The experience of most lawyers is that of representing a client, be it a person or a company. Their abilities and the success or failure of their efforts are not job threatening. There is very little if any accountability. Win or lose, they are compensated.
(How much did Martha Stewart's attorneys make?)
3. Their training teaches them that the truth is a matter of interpretation. The jury is their primary target for the smoke and mirrors, the twisting of and the manipulation of this truth. All the while defending this abhorrent conduct by saying that ' it is their job '
(Wasn't this the defense at Nuremberg?)
4. The success and fame of an attorney is too often built on his ability to win cases. Doesn't matter if truth and justice are defeated. Doesn't matter if their are victims of this victory or if these victims suffer the rest of their lives. The win is the only goal. How it is achieved and who and what are destroyed because of it, doesn't matter.
(Johnny Cochran ' hugged ' his client in victory and was considered a "great" attorney by
the general media and the public!!).
5. Most lawyers have no experience in running a business, meeting a payroll, people skills, or making tough decisions that could literally bankrupt them.
6. One of the reasons why lawyers are so prevalent in politics is they capable both financially and time-wise to run for office. The average working American cannot afford to dedicate his money or his time away from ' earning a living '.
7. Lawyers are held accountable and scrutinized by OTHER LAWYERS!
8. You should do your civic duty (jury duty) for $7 a day while it is their job to spend the same time at $200.00 plus PER HOUR.
9. It is basic human nature. The value of the dollar to a lawyer cannot equate to the value held by most Americans. Lawyers can earn more in a few hours than most people earn in a week or a month and sometimes even a year!
10. Lawyers are trained to approach a problem from a legal viewpoint.
(Remember How Bin Laden Killed Americans at will BUT there was not enough evidence to
bring him to Court!)
In the book, How Lawyers Lose Their Way the authors use historical investigation and critical analysis to diagnose the cause of the pervasive unhappiness among practicing lawyers. Most previous writers have blamed the high rate of burnout, depression, divorce, and drug and alcohol dependency among lawyers on the narrow specialization, long hours, and intense pressures of modern legal practice.
The authors, both law professors, argue that these professional demands are only symptoms of a deeper problem: the way lawyers are taught to think and reason. They show how legal education and practice have been rendered arid and dull by formalism, a way of thinking that values precedent and doctrine above all, exalting consistency over ambiguity, rationality over emotion, and rules over social context and narrative.
11. Scandal, disgrace, morals, patriotism, faith, religion, fairness, compassion, equality, life and death are only matters to be adjudicated and produce billable hours, nothing more.
(Been to divorce court lately? As they bargain with and destroy your life and family, they
tell you not to be emotional...)
Get the Picture ? What A Coincidence...
Lawyers & Government Representatives are not held accountable for their ineptness or their failures.
Have you ever heard of a lawyer losing his license for his ineptness?
Anyone fired for the gross negligence that led to 9/11?
Lawyers & Government Representatives are considered successful even if they lie and deceive in order
to achieve their success. "If the glove fits, you must acquit" "I didn't inhale"
Lawyers & Government Representatives need not be successful in order to be compensated.
All members of Congress are entitled to a pension after only 5 years - Richard Nixon
received a full pension after resigning in disgrace.
Lawyers & Government Representatives are scrutinized by each other.
The Bar Association - The House & The Senate ' Ethics ' Committees
Lawyers & Government Representatives feel their efforts are more worthy than the ' average ' person.
Can you vote yourself a raise?
The List goes on...
Would love to hear from you and add to this list. Please submit to: email@example.com
So instead of leaders with the character and creativity to improve on our great experiment, a class of people famously known for their lack thereof, have taken control. If they are not stopped soon then the America as we and the world has come to love and respect will cease to exist. ' The brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world ' will darken. More than 2,000 years ago, the great orator and statesman Marcus Tullius Cicero foretold the decline and fall of the Roman Empire with these words, which exquisitely described the ravages wrought by lying politicians with self serving egos:
"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear."
We can stop the ' Decline and Fall of America '
VOTE & GLOOG